March 20, 2008

31 Weeks

I'm getting closer and closer to the date, and still have avoided bed rest! Hooray! I had an ultrasound at my visit to check the placenta placement to see if I needed a C-section, and my placenta was right on the border. Fortunately, that means I don't have to have a c-section, which is extremely lucky, because if it was even 1 cm. over I would be getting one.

They also ran another fetal fibronectin test to see if it was likely if I would deliver in the next 2 weeks and it came back negative. More good news! My cervix still looked mostly closed so they didn't do any more poking around (much to my relief), so I'm not sure how effaced ect. I am right now.

So, although I've been having contractions alot lately and have had to take my terbutelin pills, it seems like my body is trying to hold together. I feel very blessed to have made it this far without having to be on complete bed rest or in the hospital like I was with Ella.

The countdown continues, with only a minimum of 5 weeks to go. I've been a little panicked trying to get everything ready for the baby in case I do end up on bed rest. The last 2 Saturdays have been spent trying to find stuff we still need.

I have to say I just LOVE Craig's List. We found a practically new double jogging stroller for only $100. The exact same model sells for over $200 in the store. I've been checking the site for some time now, and just haven't seen one I liked in a decent price range and then one just popped up days before we were just going to cave in and go buy a new one at the store.
The other big thing I've been looking for is a changing table. We only had the changing pad with Hyrum since we lived in a one bedroom apartment. With Ella, we were completely white trash and salvaged one we saw sitting next to a dumpster. So, for this baby I decided I deserved a new changing table. I found one I just loved at Kmart and despite the fact that most people think Kmart stuff is trashy, I really loved this changing table. Plus it wasn't over $400 like other changing tables we looked at.

So, Ben got a kick out of putting the thing together (he loves any excuse to get out his power tools) and I had fun filling up all the drawers with little baby things. I just can't get over how tiny those little diapers are. It still hasn't totally hit me that I'm going to be having a baby here pretty soon, but it does feel a little more real when you start setting baby stuff up. Of course getting ready for the baby is the easy part, taking care of the baby is the real work.

4 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm so happy that you are still hanging in there. Take it easy.

And the changing table is beautiful!!!

The Marshall Family said...

I love the changing table. I have seen it at K-mart too and admired it!

Lynita said...

I am so glad that you are still doing well! By the way I have that same jogger stroller and I love it. I just saw a practically brand new one on the craigslist out here for $65, man where was craigslist when I bought mine for $170?! By the way I love the changing table, and only some things at Kmart are trashy!

Evaly said...

You're doing great- I am so glad that things are going well.