July 14, 2008

Weigh In Day!

Obviously this isn't me, but a picture of myself just wouldn't be as impressive. Today was my first monthly weigh in at Curves and I was a little nervous. Nobody wants to work their butt off and then not lose a single thing. However, I was really happy about my results. There's no way I'm going to post my weight on here, but I can report that I lost 6 pounds, 5 inches (overall), and I lost a record number of 8.5% body fat.

It was funny when the girl was checking my body % fat, because she kept saying that can't be right and kept making me do it over. Then when she remembered I just had had a baby 2 1/2 months ago, she realized that it could be possible. That's the bonus of just having had a baby. You start dropping these big numbers because you are still carrying baby weight. I'm gonna celebrate non-the-less. I think Curves is really working and I love that I can get out 3 times a week and beat my frustrations out on the machines.

They actually just got a new system that tracks your progress on each machine and then after your workout you can go to the computer and see how many calories you burned, what percent was burned in each muscle group, how hard you worked on each muscle group etc. Then if you pass your target, it makes it harder on each machine. It's so great to see your progress after working hard. Plus I love that I can burn 520 calories in 30 minutes of work. I think I've definitely become converted to the Curves workout. Alas, I still have much work to do, but for now I'm going to celebrate with some junk food!

6 comments:

Jake Harris said...

Congratulations! You know, if you assume that you lost just fat and maybe put on a little muscle, you could take that 8.5% and the 5 lb loss and do a little calculation....hehe, just kidding. Good for you for taking care of yourself when you have 3 kids to take care of too.

Jenni said...

That's great! Makes me want to join curves and stop being so lazy. I love when you actually see results.

Belle Austen said...

Good for you Arin! Keep it up!

The Prices said...

Awesome job Arin! Can't wait to see you soon!

Lynita said...

Way to go! I am super excited for you! It is so good to hear you are getting some great results. I am super committed to finding a way to work out more once this baby is out. Thanks for the inspiration!

jessica said...

I had no idea curves did so much for you! That's amazing...way to go!