April 28, 2009

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

I'm ready to rejoin the technological world again after turn off you t.v. week (which basically includes any kind of technology). It was actually really nice and I didn't really miss t.v since I'm not a big t.v person anyways, but I did miss reading everyone's blogs ect.

We've had a lot of time to spend together as a family since the week before that was Spring Break. We were able to go to the Dinosaur Museum, Jumpin' Jacks (totally crazy by the way), and play lots with friends. The weather was freezing so we had to get creative on inside activities.

Then my sister came at the beginning of t.v. turn off week, which was nice to have someone help entertain the kids so I could at least shower. We had so much fun together. We played cards, had tons of picnics, ate Macho Nachos at 3 in the morning, went to Farm Country, the park, and since the weather cooperated we were able to spend lots of time outside. We worked tons in our yard and with any luck it may actually look like a yard come summer.

Then the rain came and ruined our plans to attend the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point Gardens on Friday for our date. It all worked out though because Ben and I just went to Trafalga (which is way fun since they remodeled it) and then the weather cleared up and we were able to go to the Tulip Festival last night with our friends the DeVries (aka Bishop). It was so beautiful and just makes me wonder what the Garden of Eden must have looked like. I can't wait for that celestial garden; then I can just give up on mine :)

1 comment:

Ruth Vest said...

sounds like good times and welcome back to the world of technology!