June 18, 2007

Opening Night!

Friday night was opening night and I survived! My mic however, did not! Yes, for whatever reason my microphone was not turned on. I don't know if it just got bumped to stand by or what, but it wasn't on. Fortunately, my parents were smack in the front row and I did project the best I could since I could tell right away it wasn't on.

It was funny because no one in the cast wanted to tell me that my mic hadn't been on, because they knew how bummed I would be about it. I was really sad at first, but I'm over it now. Especially since the Saturday matinee went great! No mic problems, my voice was strong enough, and best of all my husband and son were there to see me. Saturday night my mic had a tiny bit of trouble at the beginning, but then they got the problem fixed. My voice wasn't as good Satuday night since I'd been singing all week, but no one ran screaming from the theater, so I count it as a success!

I have another show tonight and then Friday and two on Saturday. They are talking about doing an encore perfomance the end of July since the tickets have been selling out during the breakfast with princesses. I hope so, because this has been such a great cast and so much fun. It's so cute when little girls dressed like princesses ask you for your autograph. Plus I'd llike to see how the run goes when I'm actually well and not carrying tissue with me everywhere.


1 comment:

Lisa-Marie said...

Congrats Arin. I've been thinking about you and hoping that the show went well. I am so glad that you are feeling better!

Lisa-Marie