June 27, 2007

Books Are a Girls Best Friend!

I've been sucked into the new trendy book series by Stephenie Meyer, and I must admit they are hard to put down. I started Twilight last week, skeptical at first, and ended up reading it in about 2 days. It took a while to get into the story, but once I did I just couldn't put it down. I'm a hopeless romantic, so anything with a male lead that can deliver a smooth line, has me hooked. I don't actually read "romance" novels though. Just novels with a good, creative plot, and some chance for love. I usually stick with the young adult section, because it's usually "safer" as far as keeping things clean, but interesting.

Naturally after I finished book one I wanted to dive into the second, but I had to exhibit some self control since I had three shows last weekend and wanted to spend some time with my family. I made myself promise not to open the second book until after church on Sunday. Needless to say the book was finished by Monday, although I might have been a little sleep deprived from staying up until 4 in the morning Sunday night.

Now that I'm finished, I'm embarrassed to admit that I started the first one over again. I usually read books so fast to catch the plot, that I don't actually get to savor them. Book three doesn't come out until August 7th, so I figure that gives me lots of time to re-read the first two. I just need to go buy them now, since the library will be expecting them back someday.

I'm very pleased that I've convinced Ben to start reading Twilight as well. It's so hard not to be able to talk to anyone about the book, since most of my friends haven't started reading them yet and don't want me to spoil it for them.

Books are such a wonderful thing! It's like breathing for me. I just can't live without it. I've always been a book nerd, just devouring everything I could get my hands on. I'm so thankful my mom was obsessed with books and reading and encouraged me when I was young. There's just something magical about a book. Books can take you to places you've never been, or adventures you'll probably never really go on, and you get to meet people so interesting and so real you would swear that you'd always been the best of friends. I can't think of anything else in life that has quite that effect on me, except for love of course!

3 comments:

Lisa-Marie said...

Arin,

I have been seeing this book every where and have heard nothing but great things about it. I think I'll have to get my name on the waiting list at my library. It is apparently a long wait!

I just ran across this site:

www.strangegirl.com/austenquiz/

on a friends website and thought of you. You need to go there and see which Jane Autin character YOU are!

Have a great day!

Lisa-Marie

Evaly said...

I just read this book last week! Now I need to read the next one...
It was so fun to see you guys and your cute kids.

Karalenn Hippen said...

Ha! Horray! I discovered that book over a year ago and have made it my duty to spread it as far and wide as I can. I love them! Looking forward to Aug 7th. (p.s. Did you see our nerdy girl trip on my blog from May for her next book?)