July 18, 2007

A Pirate's Life For Me!

I finally decided to go ahead and audition for Pirates of Penzance. I was cast as one of the maidens, which isn't too bad of a part after all. I was however surprised that Pirates is actually an Operetta, not a Musical. You should see the gigantic folder of music I have to learn in a matter of weeks. It's like 200 pages long with only a total of maybe 3 pages of actual dialogue. Not to mention that we were short on Altos so I volunteered to switch from my comfortable Soprano part. So if I'm not killed by one of the pirates, the music will surely do me in. Arrrrrrrr!

1 comment:

Karalenn Hippen said...

Oh how fun. That is one of Seth's favorites ever! He's always singing songs from it. I should get him to try for one of these things one time. (As if he's not busy enough- ha) Anyway, it was super fun seeing you at the reunion. I'm so glad you could come. :)