September 15, 2007

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all . . .

Why does the world have to be filled with rotten people? I suppose it's to help the rest of us strive to be better, but I still wish I didn't have to co habitat with neanderthals.

I've been following the tragic results from the story of Camille Cleverly and my heart just ached for her family and friends. I went to her facebook site to offer my condolences and instead found some arrogant boy making snide comments about "alot of good your praying did, she's still dead" and "why don't you all keep your religious comments to yourselves!".

I was utterly appalled! How could anyone be so devoid of human feeling, as to attack someone when they are dealing with a loss? A better person would of probably said nothing, but seeing as I have some neanderthal in me as well, I wrote on the site and asked people to have some sensitivity. This of course opened the floodgates to cretins everywhere, to personally attack me, right down to my looks and weight.

Why do people feel the need to belittle others to make themselves feel better? Why can't people be tolerant of others beliefs and have some respect for human life, regardless if they knew the person or not. The whole thing just disgusted me. The natural man in me had some pretty witty comments for the bitter young lady who had sent me messages. I'm not the kind of person to stand by and let people take shots at me. I've never been able to walk away from a fight when it becomes personal, so it will surprise you all what I choose to do. Nothing. I blocked the young lady from sending me further messages (apparently my last message to her to stop emailing me, was not received) and I removed myself from the Camille site.

Unfortunately, now I can't stop all the witty comments from swirling in my head and the feeling of defeat and cowardice. I suppose it all comes back to the same thing, we need those kind of people in the world so we can rise above it all and become better people. If only we could do that and still have the last word.

3 comments:

Karalenn Hippen said...

No. No. It's not defeat and cowardice to choose to not justify their remark with another comment. It takes a bigger man (woman) to turn the other cheek, forgive, and move on!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being a good human being. We're all weak, but it's good to see that there are others who are giving it their best.

jayne wells said...

I am with you on not understanding when it is people missed the "sensitivity" boat. I'm proud of you to not say anything--that is sometimes the hardest part.

I love your next blog too.
Hope you feel better soon, we've been missing you!