December 17, 2007

The Christmas Spirit

I've lost almost all feeling in my left shoulder due to the unprecedented amount of shopping I did on Saturday. Payday was on Friday so I went on Saturday to finish all the last minute shopping I had. I had the kids stuff pretty much done already, but no one else. So I headed to the mall since I would be able to hit a lot of stores in one place. What a nightmare! It was shoulder to shoulder shopping. I had to wait 30 minutes in line at the Disney store! It took me 5 hours to get everything I needed, but I'm done!

The interesting thing was everyone was still really nice. Christmas time brings out the charitable kind side in people, but it also has the tendency to bring out the ravenous rude shopping side as well. Everyone was all "please" and "excuse me" and people were very kind to pick stuff up for me whenever I dropped something, since I'm the size of a whale. So even though I was totally exhausted and sick of shopping (which is a first for me), I still came home with a renewed hope for the human race.

1 comment:

The Marshall Family said...

You have a better attitude than me. I used to not mind the crowds so bad, but I guess as I get older I get crankier! I guess I can handle it just around Christmas time!