December 29, 2007

The Week of Christmas

We left for Boise on Friday, the 21st, but unfortunately forgot our camera. Thank goodness my Mom took some pictures, so as soon as she emails them to me, I will post some pictures of the kids.

We had such a great time in Boise! On Saturday I went out to lunch with Karen who was visiting from Hawaii and my friend Rachel who moved from Saratoga Springs to Meridian. We went to my favorite place ever, Miss Tami's (formerly known as Cottage Expressions). It's this cute little tea room that has the best Monte Cristo sandwich and Cheddar Cauliflower Soup you will ever taste. It's in Meridian and I highly recommend it!

After the tea room, I picked up Ben and the kids and we went to Rachel's house to celebrate her daughter Brooklyn's birthday. Hyrum and Ella miss their friends so much and were so happy to see them again.

Right after the birthday party, my dad drove Ben and I up to this lodge place by Bogus Basin for our Christmas present. My parents got us this sleigh ride and dinner thing up in this cute little cabin in the woods. I've never been on a sleigh ride before. It was cold, but so beautiful. At the cabin they served everyone this amazing dinner. We had soup in bread bowls, steak, shrimp, potatoes, carrots, and cobbler. Then this hilarious guy did jokes and poetry. It was so fun.

Sunday we did a huge turkey dinner with the family. It was so good!

On Monday, we went out to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. The only other time I had been there was in Hawaii, so I was excited to go. Then we did our traditional Christmas Eve stuff, make cookies for Santa, look at lights, and open some PJ's.

Tuesday was so fun, but tiring. The kids got soooooooooooo much stuff. We had to take the backseat out of our van just to fit it all there and back. After we opened presents we had our traditional egg mcmuffin breakfast and got ready to go to dinner with the whole extended Braden Family at the church. I can't believe how much we've all grown. There were a million kids and our kids had fun meeting all their 2nd cousins.

We were supposed to leave on Wednesday, but it was snowing in Boise and Utah and we were all so tired, so we stayed another day. We still ended up staying up late playing games and eating pizza, but it was so fun. I was excited because I found this cute Christmas store that was selling everything for 75% off so I bought a million fancy stockings that will hopefully last for our current and future family.

We finally left on Thursday, thanks to the good weather. We were so sad to go, but happy to be home. The house just seems so empty now without everyone. Fortunately, all the kids million toys fill up some of the gaps :)

1 comment:

Lynita said...

Sounds like so much fun! How is Rachel?