January 13, 2009

The Procrastinater Finally Reports Christmas

So, things have been super busy around here and I haven't hardly even checked my email in a month, let alone written anything on my blog. I actually started to dread writing a post, because the longer I waited, the more stuff I had to report, so out of sheer guilt I'm going to post something about Christmas for posterity.

Christmas Eve we had dinner at my house (that's the down side to not going home for Christmas, you have to cook your own dinner) and we invited Ben's sister Ruth and her husband Jeff and the Owens (a couple in our ward). I think I did nothing but cook all day, and got so tired of shooing the kids out of the kitchen that I just let them open a present from Grandma and Grandpa (I just happened to know it contained Kung Fu Panda).
So we did the big dinner thing, and the open the pj's thing, and opening presents from some of the grandparents (my parents), and left out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, etc. (Can you tell I'm trying to give a brief summary here?)


Then we read the Christmas story and laid out our new stockings, and despite the unruly behavior my children displayed all year, Santa still managed to come and spoil them rotten.


Christmas morning, was fun to spend together at home, and the kids had a million things to open. I was really excited to get a sewing machine from my parents (unfortunately sewing skills didn't come in the box). We made our traditional egg mcmuffin breakfast and then spent the entire rest of the day in our jammies playing the wii. We've had the wii for months, but there was a game that had a bunch of unlocked sections that we were determined to open. Eight hours later we were able to reap our reward:)

Later that afternoon we got on the webcam with Ben's family and the kids opened their presents from them. We took like 200 pictures over the course of the day, so I'll spare you all and just post a couple.




And here's a couple videos of the kids enjoying their loot!





We had a great Christmas, and the best of all was Ben and I took all our Christmas money and decided to remodel the kitchen. Then entire week after Christmas we were elbow deep in paint and sawdust, but it ended up looking great. We just have few things to touch up and then I will post some pictures of the final project.

Whew, now I can finally be rid of bloggers guilt (despite that fact that I crammed an entire month's worth of stuff into one blog:)

3 comments:

jayne wells said...

yeah! I've been missing you! I can't get over how big and darling Logan is!

Anne said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas. Yeah for remodeling the kitchen. Can't wait to see.

Lisa-Marie said...

I'm behind too. Ugh.

How exciting about your kitchen. What a special gift to give yourselves. And to have it all done so fast! Impressive. I'm excited to see it.

BTW, your hair looks beautifully curled on Christmas morning. That's not fair!