March 17, 2010

St. Patricks Day

I love St. Patricks Day! My family is Irish and I was always proud that my first name means "Irish Girl" and my last name meant "Irish Person". I remember my mom dying our milk and pears green, and decorating our lunch bag with stickers, while most kids were content to just wear something green.

Each year the plot gets a little more elaborate at our house, and this year the leprechauns ransaked the place. We left some green snickerdoodles to lure them in and it must of worked.

There was toilet paper everywhere and the couch cushions were all messed up. We presumed they were riding their little horses on them.

Then they stuffed the kids clothes with pillows and filled their shoes with green legos.

We found of trail of gold throughout the house and realized they tricked us again. They didn't leave real gold, but candy instead.

They went through all the cupboards looking for mischief and even turned our milk green.

Instead of cereal they replaced it with green candy rings.

And instead of a flower centerpiece they filled it with green jolly rancher sticks. Those sneaky leprechauns even used our bathroom leaving the water green and didn't even flush. My they were quite tricky this year and we didn't catch a single one. However, Ella and Hyrum felt we shouldn't try to catch them as they are so much smaller than us and probably really nice people.

We had pot of gold soup for dinner (potato cheese soup in bread bowls) and rainbow drink (rainbow sherbet and 7 up) I think the kids only ate the drink and a few bites of bread, but I enjoyed it. It was a great day today.

4 comments:

Ruth Vest said...

that is awesome. i can't wait to ask them about it. you are too creative.

The Prices said...

Wow. Yeah, we just wore green.

Mandy said...

You are SO creative! I can't even compete. :) I'm sure that the kids LOVED it. :) What a great mom. :)

Laurie said...

How neat that you took the time to make it a fun holiday for the kids! I'm sure they'll have great memories of all the neat stuff you do with them.