February 25, 2008

Fool's Movie, I mean Gold



On Friday night, Ben and I were finally able to go out for our "Valentine's Day" date. Our ward has no babysitting age youth in it so we had to plan our date for another day since our only option was to ask an adult in the ward to babysit or swap with us. We have the most wonderful neighbors, who volunteered to watch our kids for us. They are a young couple, who have only been married for a year or two and our kids just adore them. It's always the best feeling when you go out on a date and know you don't have to worry for a minute about who is watching your kids.

We decided to go to the movie Fool's Gold since we love the chemistry between Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey. The first few minutes, which included girls flashing their breasts, should of clued us in that this wouldn't be a "got to buy" kind of movie. The story was o.k., but really a disappointment if you've ever seen the two in "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days" or the well written "National Treasure".

The villain in Fool's Gold is a rapper named Bigg Bunny for heaven's sakes. The plot was weak and McConaughey could not look more ragged. Most of the time I had no idea what was going on since they unfolded the major points of the story in one 2 minute conversation on a boat.

My advice: Go see 27 Dresses. It was really cute and no nudity was involved. (although there might of been some language. . . I can't remember)

I will say though, that the date was a total success in that Ben and I got to spend some time together without the kids. We could of watched a blank screen for 2 hours (which might of been a better alternative) and still have come home happy. So thank you to the Jackson's for watching our kids and thank you to the screen writer's for not writing a sequel. . .yet. . .

4 comments:

Evaly said...

Thanks for the movie reviews! I've been wanting to see both, so I guess I'll see 27 dresses :)

Lynita said...

Good to know, it didn't really look that great to me. By the way I am dying to see 27 dresses!

Livingstone Family said...

arin, your blog looks great! I'm so glad that you figured it out. It all gets kind of addicting and so I hope you have lots of extra hours to spend playing with it! Sorry the movie was disappointing, not one I even was interested in. I used to really like Matthew McCaughanay until I heard him open his mouth on some random talk-show! I'm glad you have good neighbors to watch your kids. We do a babysitting swap with a couple families in our neighborhood every Friday, it works out great! Let me know if you have any other questions!

The Marshall Family said...

Darrn. I wanted to se that movie. I love the new look of your blog.