February 5, 2008

The Power of Grandparents

Hyrum has insisted, like a lot of kids I know, that I cut all the crust off of his sandwich. Not only is this a major pain, but wastes a lot of sandwich. However, I have humored him and cut the crust off of all his sandwiches for the past couple years since he refuses to take a bite otherwise and it's just one battle that I got tired of fighting.

Little did I know that the battle wasn't over and victory was well withthin my reach. I just needed someone else to fight the battle. Enter GRANDPA!

My parents were visiting last weekend and my Dad was kind enough to make some toast for Hyrum during our frazzled Sunday morning routine. He of course didn't know Hyrum's "no crust" rule so he left the crust on. Hyrum just ate the middle of the toast being very careful not to accidently injest any crust. He then asked for another peice and informed my Dad that he had to cut the crust off. My Dad willingly cut off the crust but while he was doing it, he told Hyrum that the crust was the part that gave you all the muscles. Then my parents left later that day and I didn't think anything about the crust conversation.

Lunchtime roles around on Monday, and just when I'm about to cut off the crust on Hyrum's sandwich, he begs me to leave the crust on because he wants muscles like grandpa. Behold the power of Grandparents! I haven't had to cut a single bit of crust off since for either of my kids. Now I just have to fight the temptation to send my parents a huge list of other things my kids need to work on.

3 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

That is so cute!

Lynita said...

Seriously funny! Go grandpa!

jessica said...

In my family the crust made your hair curly.