February 28, 2008

28 Weeks

Today was my 28 week visit to the doctor and I was a little nervous. With Ella, I was dialated to a 2 and 90% effaced at 28 weeks and was promptly put on bed rest. I've been dreading going on bed rest with this one, so I've just been praying that everything would be o.k.

The doctor said I was 70% effaced, which isn't good, but I'm still not really dialated (maybe 1/2 cm is all). I was so relieved! I have a million restrictions about taking it easy, but fortunately none of them included bed rest yet. YIPEE! I'm so excited to be making it farther than I did with Ella. I still have a long ways to go, but every week of freedom is going to be enjoyed.

My next visit will include an ultra sound to check on the placenta previa issue. Hopefully my placenta has moved up and out of the way, because I want a c-section about as much as I want to go on bed rest.

3 comments:

jessica said...

I'm amazed at how opposite we are every time I read your pregnancy updates. I reach 1/2 a centimeter a week after my due date. I'm so glad things are going better for you with this pregnancy...hang in there, and maybe you'll luck out and avoid the dreaded bed rest!

Evaly said...

Yay- that's great news!

Lynita said...

Yes! That is awesome news! I hope you don't have to have a C-section. I am so glad that you are doing better this time around!