April 2, 2008

The Inevitable

Today was my 33 week visit to the doctor and unfortunately it didn't go quite as I had hoped. Apparently I'm still 70% effaced, but I've dialated to a 2 and the baby has moved to a +1 station. The doctor informed me if I had any plans this month, I don't anymore because I'm on total bed rest.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I was on bed rest at 28 weeks with Ella, but since I was doing so much better I was hopeful that I might be able to avoid it with this one. So, now I have to figure out what to do with my other two darling children, while I spend my time laying on a couch staring at the wall. I've contacted the relief society president in our ward, so hopefully they'll be able to help. It's times like these that I really wish I had some family nearby.

So, please keep me in your prayers. If the baby comes before 36 weeks it means time in the NICU. My safe day (36 weeks) is April 22nd, so let the countdown begin. 20 more days!

4 comments:

jessica said...

You can do it! It sounds like you have a wonderful ward that will take great care of you. Good luck!

Evaly said...

You are so close- you can do it! Wish I was there to help- I would totally take your darling kids!

Lynita said...

Well at least you lasted 5 weeks longer than last time! I hope your ward steps up to the challenge! Enjoy at least some of your time on bed rest for me... a little of Jane goes a long way! Take care of yourself, wish I was closer so I could help.

Karalenn Hippen said...

We're still praying. Only a few more days. Hope all is still well!