April 30, 2008

Progress

Today was my 37 week visit and my worst fear was the doctor was going to say "no change". However, he said I'm dialated to a 4 and should have the baby in the next couple of days. This is just an estimate of course, and I still could go for weeks and weeks, but I'm going to take the optimistic road and hope I have a baby here soon.

Things are finally starting to get a little less crazy around here, so I guess it's a good time to have a baby. Ella finally got over her "leprosy" and is looking so much better. Ben caught the same virus on Sunday (although he didn't break out in a rash) and is finally feeling a little better today too. I'm so relieved because I really didn't want to drive myself to the hospital and do it all alone. How did women in the 50's survive?

The only down side is our anniversary is on Sunday, so it looks like I will either be in the hospital, home really sore, or worst case scenario STILL PREGNANT. We were kind of hoping he'd come before now so we didn't have to juggle 2 birthdays, an anniversary and mother's day all in one month, but I think at this point all I can think about is having this baby and not being pregnant anymore.

No comments: