September 10, 2008

Logan-4 Month Checkup

Logan had his 4 month check up a few days ago and I was a little nervous because he didn't eat really good for several days, thanks switching from the breast to formula. Thankfully he still survived the trauma with most of his rolls intact. He did drop a little percentage wise, but nothing serious. He weighed a little over 15 pounds (50%), and was 25 inches long (48%). So, he's still pretty evenly proportioned.
The doctor visit went really well until Ella somehow flipped the stool next to the examining table over and bit clear through her lip. I guess it was a good thing we were at the doctor's office. Fortunately, she doesn't need stitches or anything, and she's healing nicely. She definitely inherited her mom's clumsy gene.

Anyways, here are some fun milestones Logan is doing at four months:
*Rolls tummy to back and back to tummy


*Smiles and laughs (he is very ticklish)


*Trys to repeat vocal sounds


*Bats at objects and can pick up small toys


*Scoots around the crib (often getting a limb stuck in the process)


*Able to hold head up pretty steadily (loves sitting in the bumbo)


*Sleeps through the night (he's actually been doing that for quite a while)
Now we are just trying to figure out how the heck to get him on a routine. The kid will not take naps. We are talking a 10-20 min. nap in the morning and maybe 30 min-1 hour in the afternoon. It's driving me nuts. Hyrum refused to nap too, but I eventually forced him on a schedule. I'm having a really hard time getting Logan on a perfect schedule, since I have 2 other kids. The afternoon isn't too bad because my other kids take naps or quiet time, but the morning is just nuts. Anyone have any great ideas? He'll fall asleep if I hold him, but then he wakes up the minute I lay him down, or 10 minutes later. I tried letting him "cry it out" but it lasted forever. He's a super, super light sleeper. I'm just not sure what to do. Thank heavens he's so darn cute!


4 comments:

Lynita said...

He is super adorable! I am sorry that he is having a hard time napping. It is so funny how different he looks from Ella and Hyrum. Good luck with the napping thing, my guess is that you just need to find the right combination for him. It really is true that every kid is different.

jessica said...

A fan in the bedroom works wonders for my kids. Although, that doesn't solve the problem of getting him to lay down on his own first...so my tip isn't helpful at all!

Arin Rohrbach said...

I definitely think I need to invest in some kind of white noise machine. I'll have to look around and see if we have a fan or something somewhere.

Mandy said...

He is a super cute little guy! :) Glad he is doing okay.

As for getting him to go to sleep, I had to adjust my kids to sleeping with noise so I bought a classical music cd and play it at bedtime. Works most every time now!