September 16, 2008

"Solid Food"

Last week we gave Logan his first taste of rice cereal and I guess it went as good as can be expected. Let's face it, rice cereal is mushy, gooey and tastes really awful. I think it's quite a feat if any baby is willing to take more than one spoonful. I'm not sure how it even got in the solid food category. It's super runny and in no way could be categorized as food. A weak glue substitute, maybe, but not food. He made a lot of faces and spit most of it out, but every day gets a little better. I'm always more excited when I can start feeding them fruits and baby "desserts" from a jar. Some of them aren't half bad and I don't have to feel so guilty forcing them to eat it.

2 comments:

Lynita said...

So cute! I tasted the stuff and it does not taste pleasant at all! Logan looks so different than Hyrum and Ella, but I guess all of you kids have different looks. I can't wait to see how he will look in another year.

Anonymous said...

he's soooooo cute! he's growing up TOOO fast!

this is ruth again... still can't figure out how to sign on.