October 23, 2008

Fancy Nancy Turns 3!

Ella turned three on October 21st, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate it than the Fancy Nancy way. For those of you who aren't familiar with Fancy Nancy, first of all you are missing out, but she's this little girl who likes everything fancy, frilly, and over the top. I love, loved this book, since I'm a Fancy Nancy at heart, and my little protege, Ella is even more so.

The morning started out with the house decorated in pink balloons and a Fancy Nancy Survival Kit for Ella. It had the new Fancy Nancy book, a princess crown, chapstick, lotion, glitter headbands, butterfly stickers, and rose petals that dissolve in the bath tub.

After we had breakfast, Ella, Ruth (Ben's sister), and I headed to get manicures and Ella also got her toenails painted. (I had a picture, but it just turned out blurry). She just seemed at ease and totally in her element. She just talked with the lady doing her nails and when she was done, the lady was sweet enough to read Ella some of her Fancy Nancy books while we finished.

When we got home from getting our nails done we had a tea party complete with flower peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, heart cucumbers and cheese, chips, and fancy milano cookies. And it wouldn't be a tea party without teacups and rose tea (fruit punch). The kids were so funny. They ate with their pinkies up the whole time and addressed each other as "darling".

Then Daddy showed up during lunch with a special surprise. Flowers for the birthday girl! Ella was so excited. Good thinking Daddy, every fancy girl needs flowers (hint hint :)
For dinner we told Ella she could go wherever she wanted and she kept voting for Taco Bell, so we tried to upgrade her to at least a Mexican restaurant. She actually didn't care as long as she got a soft shell taco. We all dressed up fancy, even daddy and Logan. (Hyrum is frowning in this picture, but I totally looked fat in the other one we took :)


Hmm. . . she's not eating with her pinky up?

The girls side of the table. Ella is totally striking a diva pose here.

After dinner Ella opened presents. She got plenty of girly, girl stuff and loved all of it.

Daddy made her cake, which was supposed to be a crown, but we got a little strapped for time. Hey, I can't complain, I didn't have to make it and it tasted great! I still cannot write on cakes without it looking the kids did the writing.


So, now my baby is officially three! Before you know it she'll be off to kindergarten. Don't grow up to fast my little Fancy Nancy!



9 comments:

Colleen said...

so cute. sounds like it was such a fun day. looks like ella had a blast. those books are so great. love them. happy birthday ella.

jessica said...

Adorable! I always love your b-day ideas...I might have to steal that one for the fancy nancy in our house!

The Prices said...

Oh how fun for her! I may have to try to convince Brooklyn to do a Fancy Nancy party. I cannont believe Ella is three...it just doesn't seem right!

Jenni said...

What a cute idea for a birthday. I love having a girl and being able to do girly stuff. Such a great mom!

Nicole Beck said...

Erin,
I just found your blog and have to say that I love this birthday idea! Hope you don't mind if I borrow it for one of my little girls.

Congratulations on Hyrum getting to go to Reagan. I miss it dearly, although my girls love their new school. I hope the drive isn't making you crazy.

Mandy said...

It sounds absolutely wonderful. Hopefully I can convince Robyn to be a little girly girl and not a complete tomboy like her (big brothers) heros...

Your birthday ideas are wonderful. :)

Ruth Vest said...

i had a BLAST-thanks for letting me tag along!

Lynita said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Ella! I love the Fancy Nancy stuff!

Anonymous said...

Arin, she is a doll. I seriously have always loved Ella. Can we arrange a marriage between Parley and her?