October 9, 2008

Logan aka King Boo-5 Months


I know he actually turned 5 months on the first and it is now the ninth, but I figured a late post was better than nothing. Isn't he just so cute! Logan doesn't have a doctors appointment this month, so we just weighed him on our scale and he came in at about 17 pounds. Yep, that's my little chunk! I'm not sure how long he is, but he's actually pretty proportionate. He doesn't seem as chunky because he's also so tall. He does still have those kissable rolls though. Here are some of Logan's 5 month milestones:

*Sitting in a bath chair, instead of the baby bath tub

*Can hold onto objects.

*Scoots himself backwards when he's on his tummy (he can get across the room now).

*Eats rice cereal, oatmeal, fruit, and we are starting vegetables today. (I was going to wait to start any of the "jarred" baby food until he turned 6 months like my other kids, but he just seemed really hungry still. Seriously, I would feed him the oatmeal and he'd just scream like "Are you kidding me? That's all I get?")

*Is finally taking a good 2-3 hour afternoon nap. (Morning nap is still sporadic, but that's mainly because we are in and out of the car a million times in the morning. Poor kid.)

*Can sit with support.

*Loves to interact with the kids (especially Hyrum; he thinks everything he does is funny.)

*Is starting to enjoy playing with toys.

We sure love this little/big guy. I've decided on a new nickname for him, King Boo. It's on the wii, Mario Party 8. Watch it and you will totally see the similarity, minus the fangs and menacing scowl. He's just round, and is always smiling and sticking his tongue out. Not to mention Logan is almost completely bald. He's even starting to make sounds like King Boo. It's so funny! If I had any talent in sewing I would seriously make him a King Boo costume for Halloween, which would come in very handy since I think he's too big for the one Hyrum wore at the same age. I don't think anyone would really get who he was supposed to be but me though, because King Boo is a ghost that has like this red cape thing and a crown. I think people would just be confused, but I would still think it was hysterical.

5 comments:

The Prices said...

KingBoo is sooooo adorable!

Ruth Vest said...

making him a costume could be the start of your sewing career... could be fun :)

Lynita said...

I can't believe he is already 5 mos. old! I like the nick-name too, we don't have a wii, but I will take your word for the similarity. I am glad that he is still so chunky, and as always cute!

Jenni said...

He is a cutie!
We still need to get toghether. Could I bring my kids down to your house for a playdate sometime?

jayne wells said...

Arin, he is so darling. Can't believe you got a chunk!