January 4, 2008

It's A Boy!

It's a pretty sure thing that we are having a boy! When we heard Ben gave a huge sigh of relief and was so jazzed that he didn't have to buy a whole new wardrobe. Hyrum's birthday and this baby's due date are just a week or two apart. The baby will probably come early, but the clothes will still be in the right season.

I was excited because for once we had a boy name ready. We only had a girl name with Hyrum and a boy name with Ella. This little one is going to be Logan Cyrus Rohrbach. I've always liked the name Logan and I had the funniest little boy named Logan in my class my first year teaching. The middle name, Cyrus, is a family name that is passed down in Ben's family. It's actually Ben's middle name, which is ironic because he is also the third child/second boy.

Yesterday, I decided to go through the huge tub of clothes we saved from Hyrum, and then it hit me, we are having a boy! Augh! All the memories of how hard Hyrum was as a baby came flooding back, and I called Ben in a total panic. Hyrum was such a difficult baby, and continues to be much more work than Ella. I love him to pieces, but he sometimes just leaves me exhausted. I wasn't so sure I could do a "Hyrum" all over again.

Sensible Ben tried to calm me down and did the best thing a husband can do for a frazzled wife; he took me to dinner and then the mall. He reminded me that just because it's a boy doesn't mean he will have Hyrum's colic, reflux, puking after every single feeding until he turned 18 months old, or personality. I realized that it's true that each kid comes programmed a little differently, so here's hoping to a nice "Ella" version of Logan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could afford to take you to dinner and the mall because we don't have to buy a ton of clothes for Logan.

Lynita said...

Congrats! Hyrum and Ella will have a little brother, that sounds about right.;) I love the name Logan by the way, it sounds really nice with Rohrbach. When are you due again? How has the pregnancy been going? We have a blog too, Ryan started it and I maintain it now. So check out what we've been up to @ www.thereidclan.blogspot.com !

jessica said...

I was terrified to have a boy, and I have to say that Owen has been a lot easier than Ainsley. Maybe it's an oldest child thing?

Evaly said...

Congratulations! I have to say Carter is my hardest, but hopefully you get a nice boy:) Logan is a darling name!