January 7, 2008

New Beds

Our expanding family has finally forced us to to move Hyrum out of his toddler bed. He's four and a half and was practically spilling out of the toddler bed, but we put it off for as long as possible. We spent most of Saturday looking for and constructing bunk beds for his room. It actually looks really cute and Hyrum loves sleeping on the top.


Ella then inherited Hyrum's old toddler bed. We figure she can sleep in it until the baby comes, and then depending on how and when the baby sleeps through the night, she can alternate between her toddler bed and the bottom bunk bed in Hyrum's room. Eventually Hyrum and Logan will share rooms, but that's a long ways away.

Ella did great sleeping the toddler bed. We figured she'd do alright, but we weren't sure. It's so funny because my kids will climb into the toddler bed, but don't realize they can get out by themselves. I heard Ella talking Sunday morning, but she just stayed in her bed until I came and "lifted" her out. It took Hyrum months before he figured it out, and he still didn't get up until around eight. I figure I might as well take advantage of it.




5 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

Ohhhhh, I love the pink striped walls! Did you do that yourself. I was going to do that for my little boys room, but I didn't want to put the effort in!

Arin Rohrbach said...

I picked out the colors and the pattern and Ben did all the dirty work. It was a ton of work, but I loved the way it turned out. It's the only room we've worked on so far.

jayne wells said...

Okay you lucky duck, your kids not only STAY in their beds, but they'll take 3 hour naps in them too! One day I'm going to have one like you!

love the beds by the way--the kids look so cute in them!

Lynita said...

Looks like fun. We have a set of bunk beds right now but we have them set up as two twin beds for now. We plan on having a new baby in a crib in the room with them...someday!

Karalenn Hippen said...

That is so funny how kids do that. They think they can't get out of their toddler bed because they always just stayed in their cribs. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pink stripy walls!!!