April 9, 2007

Miss Domesticity


Easter Weekend was so busy! On Thursday we had an Easter Egg hunt with our ward play group at the park. Hyrum had half the park cleaned out in a matter of seconds, while Ella was just content to carry her basket. She wasn't too interested in the eggs until she realized they had candy in them. Ah-ha!



On, Friday I found strawberries for $6.99 a flat, so I thought I'd be ambitious and buy two flats to make into strawberry jam. A large portion of Saturday was dedicated to making jam, and I must say I felt pretty domestic! I'd never made jam before though, so we underestimated how many jars and such we would need. Wow did it make a lot!




Finally, after we finished the jam, Ben went outside to put the kid's sandbox and swing set together. He was still working on it until it was way too dark to even play on it. I'm sure the neighborhood thought he was a bit crazy out there, but now it's set up and the kids finally have something to play with out there in our jungle of a yard.

Sunday, the supposed day of rest, was busy as usual. After being late to church for the millionth time, we got lots of compliments on Ella's Easter dress. (No I did not make it, I'm not that domestic, but I did get it on sale). Since we have no family nearby, I had the pleasure of making Easter dinner by myself, but it sure was good! Later that night we had strawberry shortcake (due to the abundance of strawberries) and colored eggs. I love holidays, but I'm glad we have a nice big break until the next hoopla.

2 comments:

jessica said...

I heard about your blog and I think it's great. Cute kids by the way!

Evaly said...

Your kids are so big! I think Ella was just a couple months old last time I saw you. Doesn't seem like it's been that long. By the way, you've been tagged...see my blog.