June 2, 2008

Five Years of Fun

I think I'm suffering from blogger's guilt. There's so many things I want to write down so I'll be able to go look at them again someday, but life has just been so crazy! I don't think anything could of prepared me for how hard life is with 3 kids. I knew it was going to be hard, but I'm still on survival mode every day. Everyone keeps telling me it will get easier, but I'm just wondering if that will happen before I lose my mind.

Anyways, on to everything that I've forgotten to write about. The biggest news is Hyrum turned 5 on the 27th of May. (I might have taken pictures, but I'm not sure.) It's weird because Logan looks alot like Hyrum, and when I hold him I feel just like I did 5 years ago and then I look up and see this huge kid ready for kindergarten.

Both my sisters were in town for his birthday, which I will be eternally grateful for because they helped chase Hyrum, Ella, and a couple of Hyrum's friends when we went to the dinosaur museum. I was so bummed because I'd planned this cute farm theme and we were supposed to go to farm country and then it was freezing cold on his birthday. So, we ended up at the dinosaur museum instead, which the kids didn't mind at all. I still can't get over how big Hyrum looks to me and how much he's changed. Here's some of his favorite things at age 5.

Favorite Food: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a handful of green chips (the sour cream and onion Pringles.) Oh and he drinks like a couple gallons of milk a week easily.

Favorite Color: yellow (since he was 2)

Favorite Past Times: watching "arcoons" (cartoons) especially the really old cartoons, riding his bike, and playing the wii.

Favorite Toy: his elephant blanket that is almost disintegrated, and any kind of toy weapon or tool.

Favorite Quit Time Activity: art! (which is pretty amazing for a kid that drew nothing but rocks for the first 4 years of his life).

Career Choice: a scientist. He can tell you anything from nocturnal animals to the solar system. He was worried about becoming a scientist at first because they travel to explore things and he thought that meant you couldn't have a family, but I told him scientists can still have families so I think that sealed the deal.

Favorite Family Activity: picnics, playing mario party on the wii, going to Thanksgiving Point, and going to restaurants.

Something Funny About Hyrum: he is seriously as gassy as an old man. I don't think he even notices anymore when he clears a room.

Personality Traits: social, social, social! I feel like an event planner trying to keep this kid's schedule full of fun and friends. He's definitely got a temper or as we call it the Jeykl/Hyde syndrome. Hyrum is also very creative and imaginative.

I really can't believe it's been 5 years already. It's such a challenge to balance wanting your kids to grow up and get out of some of their annoying habits, and still stay your little baby as well. We sure love our Hyrum and can't imagine life without him!


3 comments:

jessica said...

What a cute kid! The do grow up too fast don't they?

Colleen said...

holy mahana. i can't believe that he is 5. they grow up so fast.

Lynita said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Hyrum! I am so excited that Kaitlyn gets to start Kindergarten this year too. They have a Dec.31st deadline in our district... bless them! Guess what we're having another boy! We found out last week, and we are so excited cuz Ethan has been a ton of fun.