June 12, 2008

My Due Date?

I think I understand why women suffer from postpartum depression. It's from total strangers walking up to you and asking when you are due! Yes that happened to me tonight at the grocery store. I could of just crumpled into a ball on the floor and cried, but I tried to take the high road and help the extremely embarrassed young lady not feel bad since I did just have a baby a few weeks ago. Non-the-less I came home feeling several pounds heavier.

So, now the battle begins with losing the pregnancy weight, my least favorite part. I'm just so self conscious that people might think I'm still pregnant (gee I wonder why) or worse just really fat.

My husband is so understanding and is encouraging me to go ahead and sign up for Curves Gym since I've wanted to for a long time. I've never had any desire to join a gym, but I think this is more out of necessity rather than desire.

I probably shouldn't be too hard on myself since it's only been 6 weeks and I've already dropped 17 pounds, but it's just discouraging when I realize how much is still left to go and the weight loss has slowed to a snail's pace. I mean it's summer time and I just can't bring myself to go swimming in a maternity swim suit when I'm not even pregnant. I guess I should just be relieved that the lady didn't ask if I was having twins :)

3 comments:

Lynita said...

Some people should just know better! I am sorry that you had to go through those awful emotions. If it makes you feel better, I was limping through a subway station and people thought I was in labor. The kicker is that I am just 21 weeks, thanks folks I needed to feel fat! LOL! I am sure you look great, we are always harder on ourselves than we need to be.

jessica said...

I know exactly how you feel!!! Why does it have to take so long to look normal after having a baby? Give yourself some credit though...I'm sure you look great!

The Marshall Family said...

I know how you feel...but kind of in the opposite way. I am just starting to show, so I am in that awkward stage where I just look like I am getting fat, but don't look pregnant yet! I feel like none of my regular clothes fit, but maternity clothes are still too big! Oh what to do!