June 27, 2008

Popsicle Swords

In hopes of preserving my knowledge for future posterity, I showed my children the art of making popsicle swords the other day. Part of me wondered if this was a good idea since visions of someone being stabbed with a popsicle sword kept popping into my head, but the other part of me felt like making popsicle swords is something every kid ought to know. Does anyone else remember making those as kids? I'd hurry and finish my twin popsicle and run to the sidewalk to rub the wooden stick against it until it was nice and sharp. I have no idea what we actually used these popsicle swords for (most likely they just ended up on the lawn, much to my dad's dismay), I just remember them being very fun to make. Of course I got a kick out of making "rock people" as well, so I think I was easily entertained.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

oh i want to come over and make some. so fun. oh to be a kid again.

Lynita said...

Yeah I think we have had a few cuts from popsicle swords in my family. Of course there were eight of us and we were fairly tough kids!

jessica said...

I forgot about those...maybe I need to get out there and teach my kids how to do that too!

Lisa-Marie said...

I forgot too. Sounds funny. If not a little scary!!!! What a good mommy you are! I bet they loved it!